ENTRIES FOR THE RSPCA HOME DOG SHOW ARE NOW OPEN! For all of our supporters who would normally come and join in the fun at our Dog Show – this year we are bringing it to you – virtually! We will miss seeing you all this year, but whilst we can’t see you socially, we can at least give you – and anyone else who would like to join in the fun – the opportunity to show off your fur babies AND the opportunity for your dog to be crowned the best in the country! We are inviting your dogs to strike a pose and show off their best side – by photograph or video! HOW TO ENTER
- Please choose the Class or Classes that you would like to enter, email a photograph or video to email@example.com and tell us a little bit about your fur baby.
- A suggested minimum donation of £2 per entry can be paid via text:
Text RSPCADOGSHOW 2 to 70460 to donate £2 (you can replace ‘2’ with a donation amount of your choice if you are entering more than one Class) Texts cost £2 (or the donation amount of your choice) plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £2 (or the donation amount of your choice), but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text RSPCADOGSHOWNOINFO 2 to 70460. OR You can donate by going to https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/ and search for the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch Charity (please reference the Class/Classes you are entering in the donations comment box). Your donation will go directly to supporting the dogs and cats at the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch
- Entry for this Competition will close at 11.30pm ON WEDNESDAY, 10TH JUNE and the winners will be announced on FRIDAY, 12TH JUNE on our Facebook page and also informed by email. The winners will not only receive a Hamper of Goodies and Rosette from the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch Team, but will also progress through to the National Finals on SUNDAY, 14TH JUNE, during the Virtual One Fun Day hosted by the National RSPCA, where they have a chance to be crowned ‘Top Dog in the Country’.
COMPETITION CLASSES CLASS 1 Best Rescue – The embodiment of who we are and why we #adoptdontshop. CLASS 2 Golden Oldie – Your much loved, mature animal friend in their autumn years. CLASS 3 Best Baby – Here’s looking at you, kid! Your best, bonnie baby. CLASS 4 Peas in a Pod – Do you and your dog have a striking resemblance? A chance to show off a dog that looks most like their owner. CLASS 5 Best Companion – Celebrating the special bond between you and your dog. CLASS 6 Amazing Transformations – Just look at you now! What you can achieve together with patience, hard work, love and dedication. By entering this competition, it will be confirmation that you have read and agreed the attached Terms and Conditions for the RSPCA Home Pet Show 2020. Thank you and we look forward to seeing all of your entries – good luck everyone! By entering this competition, it will be confirmation that you have read and agreed the Terms and Conditions for the RSPCA Home Pet Show 2020, as shown below:
Terms and conditions for RSPCA Home Pet Show 2020
- The RSPCA Home Pet Show 2020 competition (the “Competition”) is run by The RSPCA Coventry and District Branch, Registered Charity No: 223678.
- Your entry to the Competition can only be accepted via the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch Facebook Event page, using the comments box. Please do not send it by post or email as unfortunately they will not be read or considered.
- Entrants 15 or younger must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Competition.
- Entries must feature your own pets or photographs/videos that you have taken of your own (family of friend’s pets). Classes and judging guidelines can be found set out in more detail at: www.rspca.org.uk/onefunday
Categories: Details on all categories can be found here: www.rscpa.org.uk/onefunday Entry and specifications:
- All entries should be submitted via the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch Facebook Event Page(s). A separate event is set up for each of the 6 classes we are running.
- Photos entered into the Competition must be a faithful representation of what the photographer saw at the time of taking the photo. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if they are for minor cleaning work, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Entrants will be disqualified from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the images have been manipulated or are not the entrant’s original work.
- Please avoid the use of filters and effects.
- Images uploaded should be no larger than 10MB. Make sure the image you upload is a JPEG and the highest quality image you have, sized no smaller than 600×600 pixels, but keep the ‘Raw’ file(s).
- Entrants should not do anything to upset or stress animals in attempting to photograph them. Photos will be rejected from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the photos show an animal in distress, or if they contain any unsuitable content.
- Entries cannot be returned so please retain a copy.
- The opening date for entries is Monday 1st June, United Kingdom time.
- The closing date for online entries for the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch specifically, is Wednesday, 10th June, at 11.30pm. Any entries received after this time will be rejected.
- All entrants have the right to withdraw their entry prior to the closing date of Wednesday, 10th June, at 11.30pm, by sending an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The judges of the Competition are branch representatives and details are available on request.
- For live pet shows, a branch representative will choose a winner during the session.
- All finalists in the Branch Competitions will be notified by email on Friday, 12th June 2020. The decisions of the judges and the RSPCA are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted in respect of their entry. Although we are grateful to, and would like to encourage the efforts of, all participants, unfortunately we cannot give feedback on unsuccessful entries.
- Prizes provided by the competitions supporters will be awarded to the winners of each category, as decided by the judges, as described below. Additional prizes may be awarded to runners-up in each of the categories but this is at the sole discretion of the judges and the RSPCA’s discretion).
- If we do not receive a response after notifying an entrant that they have been selected as a winner, or if any selected winner becomes not contactable at any time up to and including the awards ceremony, the RSPCA and/or the judges may select another winner in their place.
- Winners will be progressed to the finals which will take place at RSPCA Headquarters. Winners of this round will be invited to take part in a live Zoom final on 14 June at 5pm which will be streamed via our YouTube channel. Contestants who do not wish to take part in the live final will be given the option of their entry being represented by the class judge.
- Each entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the entrant is aged 16 or under) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting the Competition and future RSPCA and branch activity, the RSPCA may (1) use the entrant’s first name, surname, county and age and (2) disclose the entrant’s name and age to third parties. The RSPCA shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (and/or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian’s prior consent if the entrant is aged 16 or under) before disclosing any further personal data to third parties. The RSPCA will not post the names and details of entrants aged under 13 years online without the entrant’s parental or guardian’s consent.
- Personal information provided by finalists will be used for the purposes of administering the Competition where necessary (for example the provision of prizes as necessary for this purpose) and contacting the entrant about the next year’s competition and in accordance with the RSPCA’s Privacy notice: rspca.org.uk/privacy The RSPCA will use the contact details of the entrant’s parent or guardian to seek their consent to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and administering their child’s entry. The personal data of winners will be kept to enable the uses of their photos as described below.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other person. The RSPCA cannot be liable if another person’s rights are breached, and the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to indemnify the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch, RSPCA and/or RSPCA Trading Ltd* in respect of any claim from a third party that the entrant’s work infringes their rights.
- Entrants retain the copyright in their submitted photos or videos. However, by entering the Competition under these terms, the entrant gives the RSPCA Coventry and District Branch, the RSPCA and RSPCA Trading Ltd a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, exhibit and post the submitted photos in any and all media, including media platforms yet to be envisaged for the purposes of promoting and publicising this Competition or future RSPCA Young Photographer Awards.
For potential use on products of the RSPCA or third parties licensed by the RSPCA, the entrant’s permission will be sought, including use on RSPCA licensed products, which will be agreed as the subject of a separate agreement.
- Wherever possible, the RSPCA will credit the entrant as the photographer.
- Entrants agree that the RSPCA may use the credited entry on its website for the duration of five years, after which all names and attribution will be removed.
- The RSPCA cannot be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete, or for failure to receive or properly register any entries due to any technical failure or malfunction or other reason. The RSPCA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In either case we will give notice to entrants by posting the changes on the Competition website.
- Entrants/their parents/guardians will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
- The law applicable to the Competition is English Law.